The public fundraiser represents 60% of the funds that are collected annually. Since we started in 2011, the public fundraiser has been growing, thanks to all the people who joined us to achieve a sustainable management to ensure our contribution to the treatment of children with cancer, and to the improvement of their health and quality of life.
MAGIA ACTIVITIES ARE MAINLY FOCUSED ON:
1. Raising funds to cover the needs of children with cancer (for example, annual public fundraisers, strategic alliances with companies, merchandising, etc.).
The funds raised in our activities during 2016 came from:
It's important to mention that the amount of the annual public fundraiser from 2011 to 2016 has increased, allowing MAGIA to contribute to the fight of a larger number of children against cancer.
With the funds collected in the public fundraiser of 2016, we have covered all the costs of medicine, transportation, lodging, pediatric medical supplies, first aid supplies, vaccines, and high-valued medical equipment in order to ensure the long-term treatment of children with cancer.
The funds collected in the fundraiser of MAGIA during 2016 have been distributed as follows:
- Providing medicines that are not covered by the SIS (Comprehensive Health Insurance) and Plan Esperanza (a program offered by the Peruvian State for improving attention for patients with cancer) as well as providing medical exams (for example: medical tests, orthopedic supplies - wheelchairs, prostheses, etc.).
- Contributing to the implementation of the Pediatrics Department of INEN (for example: medical equipment).
- Contributing to the improvement of the quality of life for children and their caregivers during the treatment (for example: inter-provincial patient transfers).
- Creating and strengthening the partnerships with public and private institutions in order to obtain much more effective results in fighting childhood cancer (for example: INEN, Ministry of Health, public institutions, private companies, etc.).
- Raising public awareness about the importance of having a healthy life, as well as cancer prevention and early detection (for example: trainings, school visits, etc.)
- Raising funds for the daily maintenance of CASA MAGIA, our home for children with cancer that come from remote villages of the country in order to continue receiving treatment at the INEN. These funds are administrated by means of a trust agreement entered into with The Trustee (for example: private companies, sponsorships, donations, etc.)