CASA MAGIA PhotosSee more >
WAITING FOR MAGIC
Facing cancer is hard, but living in remote villages of the country and having to travel to the capital in order to receive treatment is even harder. Children with cancer from different parts of Peru come to Lima with their parents or a caregiver to be treated at the INEN, without knowing how they will afford treatment or whether they will find a place to stay.
In other words, parents face a harsh reality encompassed in:
- The need to accept the fact that their child has cancer.
- The worry and confusion inherent to the pain of having a child with cancer.
- The uncertainty of where to stay.
- The lack of financial means to treat cancer.
- The need to take their child to the INEN for an immediate, periodic and/or a one-time treatment.
That's the reason why, for many years, we have held the dream of building a shelter for children and their parents or caregivers, where they could stay while they're far from home. A place where one can feel at home, and a place where they don’t need to worry about anything except getting well.
A DREAM COME TRUE
THE DREAM FINALLY CAME TRUE ON SEPTEMBER 30, 2016 THANKS TO THE SUPPORT OF MANY PEOPLE AND COMPANIES!
CASA MAGIA is the first shelter in Peru designed and built to the required standards for providing health and quality of life for children and their families.
CASA MAGIA is now a warmhearted place for children with cancer, and also for their parents or caregivers. It's a place where children can feel at home while they undergo diagnoses and treatment, so that they can improve and recover their health. In addition, CASA MAGIA aims to improve the quality of life for children with cancer and increase their life expectancy.
CASA MAGIA has 26 rooms with two beds (one for the child and other for the father/mother or caregiver) and each room has its own bathroom and closet. Other conveniences include a kitchen, a playroom, entertainment spaces, a chapel, a laundry room, a dining room, etc., as well as a special floor for TAMO patients (patients with bone marrow transplants).
CASA MAGIA videosSee more >
CASA MAGIA virtual realitySee more >
CASA MAGIA PROGRAMS
We not only provide food and transport for children to the INEN in order to undergo their treatment, but we also provide the following services:
- A series of programs for children and their parents or caregivers, to help them cover their needs in regards to treatment, such as medicine, supplies, transportation, prostheses, among others.
- Recreational, motivational and educational activities, but above all activities that allow them to improve their quality of life.
- Psychological assistance for children and their caregivers.
- Interactive activities among parents and children, and talks about nutrition and general care to take into account when arriving home.
People help to cover needs related to treatment with:
- Medical supplies
- Medical tests
- Specialized procedures
Thanks to the support of volunteers and specialized institutions, we offer:
- Recreational, motivational, and educational activities
- Workshops for quality of life improvement
Psychological assistance for children and their caregivers:
- An agreement with experts
- Interactive activities with their children
- Nutrition program
- Responsibility in cleaning their bedrooms
- Talks about nutrition, hygiene, and general care to take into account when arriving home
Currently, one of our challenges is to keep CASA MAGIA functioning in order to receive a larger number of children here in Lima for them to be treated, and to recover their health while we continue working MAGIC.
Would you like to join us so that we can work MAGIAtogether? Click here and choose the best option for you